Yerba Mate Extract
1. Product name:Yerba Mate Extract
2. Specification:5%-10% caffeine(HPLC), 4:1,10:1 20:1
3. Appearance:Brown powder
4. Part used:Leaf
5. Grade: Food grade
6. Latin name: Ilex paraguariensis
7. Packing Detail:25kg/drum, 1kg/bag
(25kg net weight,28kg gross weight; Packed in a cardboard-drum with two plastic-bags inside; Drum Size: 510mm high, 350mm diameter)
(1kg/Bag net weight, 1.2kg gross weight, packed in an aluminum foil bag; Outer: paper carton; Inner: double-layer)
8. MOQ: 1kg/25kg
9. Lead time: To be negotiatiated
10. Support ability: 5000kg per month.
Yerba mate ( Ilex paraguariensis) begins as a shrub and then matures to a tree and can grow up to 15 metres (49 ft) tall. The leavesare evergreen, 7–11 cm long and 3–5.5 cm wide, with a serrated margin. The leaves are often called yerba (Spanish) or erva (Portuguese), both of which mean "herb". They contain caffeine (Known in some parts of the world as mateine) and also contains related xanthine alkaloids and are harvested commercially.
The flowers are small, greenish-white, with four petals. The fruit is a red drupe 4–6 mm in diameter.
The Yerba mate plant is grown and processed in South America, specifically in northern Argentina (Corrientes, Misiones), Paraguay, Uruguay and southern Brazil (Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina, Paraná and Mato Grosso do Sul). Cultivators are known as yerbateros (Spanish) or ervateiros (Brazilian Portuguese).
Seeds used to germinate new plants are harvested from January until April only after they have turned dark purple. After harvest, they are submerged in water in order to eliminate floating non-viable seeds and detritus like twigs, leaves, etc. New plants are started between March and May. For plants established in pots, transplanting takes place April through September. Plants with bare roots are transplanted only during the months of June and July.
1. benefit the immune system;
2. relieve allergies;
3. reduce the risk of diabetes and hypoglycemia;
4. acts as an appetite suppressant and weight loss;
5. increases the supply of nutrients and oxygen to the heart;
6. may reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes;
7. increases mental energy and focus;
8. improves mood;
9. promotes a deeper sleep, however sleep may be affected in people who are sensitive to caffeine.